The best thing about having pets is their constant companionship and always having someone around to cuddle when you need it. The worst thing about having a furry companion is their mess, they drop hair all over the place and very rarely take time to clean their feet before they come in. The image of a muddy wet dog shaking the last puddle it rolled in all over a lovely cream carpet can cause even the toughest person to come out in a cold sweat.
Seven Ways to Keep your House Clean
Here are some ideas that will help you to keep your house looking pristine and allow the furry animals and humans live in harmony in the house.
- Vacuum the carpet everyday – animals bring in all sorts on their feet and have a tendency to shed hair throughout the year and not just during moulting time.
- Give your pet a home – if you provide an area specifically for your pet to rest when it is not interacting with the family it will confine the dirt and hair to one particular place. Cat and dog beds are good for this.
- Keep your pet out of the bedroom – this can be easier said than done if your cat’s mission is to sleep on the bed every single day. You will just have to be vigilant and remember to close the bedroom door.
- Visit a dog Groomer – if you don’t fancy manicuring and buffing up your dog yourself then maybe booking your pooch into a dog groomer would be the best idea. They will clean and trim the dog’s coat and check the paws to make sure that they are healthy.
- Brush your dog or cat Everyday – by brushing your dog you are catching all of the hairs before they fall on to the carpet and cause your house to look a mess. Cats particularly love being brushed and tend to purr exceptionally loudly during brushing time.
- Keep your house odour free – buy nicely smelling room fresheners and combined with regular vacuuming you will keep the dirt daemons at bay.
- Expert Carpet Cleaners – invest in expert carpet cleaners they will be able to thoroughly clean your carpets removing odours, grease spots and dirt. If you do this annually you are more likely to be able to keep on top of your carpets.
It is hard work having a pet and a clean house but it is worth it in the end, if you need to get your carpets cleaned around Bristol, Yate and even require carpets cleaning Chippenham then don’t hesitate to contact us at Cleaner Carpets Bristol where we will be able to provide you with expert advice on how to live in a sparkling home with muddy pets.