You want clean carpet. When you decide to clean your carpet it is vitally important that you don’t make the carpet look dirtier than before you started. If you follow our nine easy steps you will have pristine carpets:-
- Choose a day that you can be out of the house after the job is complete so that you can allow the carpet to settle and dry.
- Try to get someone to help you – carpet cleaning experts have developed skills and strategies that mean that generally they only need one person to do the job.
- Move all of the furniture out of the way starting with the small pieces and breakables, disconnect your electrical items and empty book shelves. Larger furniture will have to be moved around the house as you are doing the cleaning.
- Vacuum the carpet, starting with an empty bag and vacuum all visible floor area – move the furniture out of the way so that you can vacuum all areas of the carpet.
- With your furniture in the centre of the room make sure that the edges of the carpet are secure and vacuumed carefully.
- Scrub the most stubborn areas using a mild detergent and a strong cloth – elbow grease is the most effective part of this procedure. It is vitally important that you don’t cause the stains to become engrained in the carpet or you will never be able to remove them!
- You can start cleaning with your carpet cleaning machine, a steam cleaner is the most effective way to clean your carpet.
- Make sure that you extract as much water as you can from your carpets so that they can dry quicker and cause less damage. Please don’t walk on your carpet at this time.
- Once you are confident that the carpets are dry you can start to put your room back together.
It is very important that you prepare your rooms carefully so that you can get the best out of the equipment you are using. Our busy lives make it difficult to find time to clean our carpets thoroughly ourselves and generally when you have time to clean your carpet the rest of the family is at home as well – making the job even more difficult. The extra cost of having carpets cleaned professionally can be much more economical than the cost to replace a carpet damaged by inexperienced carpet cleaning.
If you live in the Bristol and Yate area and looking to clean your carpets in the near future we at Clean Carpet Bristol are able to discuss your requirements and provide you with a free quote. Our expert knowledge of cleaning carpets means that you can have clean carpets without the worry or inconvenience of doing it yourself.